Choosing the right hair color can greatly enhance your overall appearance and confidence. However, picking the right shade isn’t always straightforward. It’s important to consider your skin tone when selecting a hair colour, as it plays a significant role in determining which colours will complement your natural beauty. Here are some steps to help you make the right choice:
1. Determine Your Skin Tone and Undertone
Your skin’s surface tone is the colour you’d describe yourself as having (light, medium, dark), while your undertone is the colour beneath the surface. You can have the same skin colour as someone else, but a different undertone, which is why the same hair colour can look different on two people.
Undertones can be categorized as warm, cool, or neutral. Warm undertones have a peachy, golden, or yellow hue, while cool undertones lean more toward red, pink, or blue. Neutral undertones are a mix of both warm and cool tones. One simple method to determine your undertone is the vein test: look at the veins on your wrists. If they appear green, you likely have warm undertones. If they look blue or purple, you probably have cool undertones.
2. Choose a Hair Color That Complements Your Skin’s Undertone
- Warm Undertones: Warm hair colors like rich golden browns, honey blondes, chestnut browns, auburn, and warm deep blacks can look great on you. You can also explore shades like copper, caramel, and mahogany.
- Cool Undertones: Hair colors that are perfect for cool skin tones include ashy blondes, ashy browns, berry-toned reds, and jet black. Cool skin tones also pair well with cooler shades of red, like crimson and burgundy.
- Neutral Undertones: If you have a neutral undertone, you’re lucky. Almost any hair colour may suit you. However, try to stay clear of colors that are too warm or too ashy but instead opt for neutral colours.
3. Consider Your Eye Color:
Your eye colour can also play a part in determining the best hair colour for you. For instance, if you have brown or hazel eyes, warmer hair colours tend to make your eyes stand out. For those with blue or green eyes, cooler hair shades might be more flattering.
4. Try Before You Apply:
There are many virtual makeover tools available online that allow you to try different hair colors on a photo of yourself. This can be a fun and risk-free way to see how a color looks on you before committing.
5. Consult with a Professional:
Finally, it’s always a good idea to consult with a hair colour professional. They have an expert understanding of colour theory and can offer personalized advice based on your skin tone, eye color, and personal style.
At Atzara’s Beauty, our hair colour professionals are ready to help guide you in choosing the perfect hair colour for your skin tone. We believe in enhancing your natural beauty and personalizing your hair colour to fit your unique style and preferences. Book an appointment with us today to transform your look with new hair colour!